The National Wellness Network at MUBS
The National Wellness Network (NWN) is committed to improve the wellness of the community through the delivery of affordable, comprehensive state of the art health and wellness services of the maximum quality for individuals of all ages. The commitment extends to create and sustain a culture that educates, motivates, and empowers MUBS students, faculty, staff, and the community to adopt and maintain healthy lifestyle behaviors necessary for the fulfillment of their academic, occupational, and personal goals.
To protect, preserve, promote the wellbeing, and empower community individuals to live healthier lifestyle by providing integrated and comprehensive services, through open, onsite access to programs in the fields of Health & Wellness, Sports & Fitness, Seniors Services, and Community Social Services.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
The following goals provide the framework through which the center will serve the community and the stakeholders of MUBS:
- To provide community individuals at all ages equal opportunity to access health-wellness related programs, services, and events.
- To promote healthy habits, prevent illness and disease, and reduce risk factors.
- To work administratively and environmentally in reducing health barriers to promote healthy lifestyles
- To place value on personal well-being as a necessity to learn, be productive and contribute to society in everyday life.
- To provide current, reliable, and accurate health information to the community through educational programs and seminars.
- To be considerate to the community diverse backgrounds, cultural norms, and beliefs.
- To contribute and coordinate with professional organizations at local, national, and regional levels.
- To establish and maintain collaborative professional relationships with the community
- To assess services provided and continually strive to improve those services.
- Provide timely and quality care to all our members by qualified professionals, while maintaining confidentiality of personal, medical information, and fitness evaluations.
- Continued growth in proportion to the increase of members to provide quality services in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with organizations and corporates to ensure the success of the center.
- Coordinate cross-training and education efforts to improve community knowledge and awareness regarding different wellness issues.
- Prompt, professional health intervention, follow up, schedule availability for patient intake, assessment, and medical treatment.
- Provide a comprehensive wellness initiative to include expanded outreach efforts, health awareness/treatment, nutritional workshops, fitness sessions, and educational seminars.
- Educating the community on the benefits of the wellness center, and maintain adequate funding for maintenance and expansion of wellness program.
- Acquire/maintain of required licensure for medical and technical staff as mandated by law.